TaskBrowse Terms of Service
By accessing the website and web application at https://taskbrowse.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws, and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on TaskBrowse’s website and web application for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on TaskBrowse’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by TaskBrowse at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on TaskBrowse’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. TaskBrowse makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Taskbrowse does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall TaskBrowse or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on TaskBrowse’s website, even if TaskBrowse or a TaskBrowse authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on TaskBrowse’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. TaskBrowse does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. TaskBrowse may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However, TaskBrowse does not make any commitment to update the materials.
TaskBrowse has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by TaskBrowse of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
TaskBrowse may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
- Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Estonia and European Union and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
- Payment Terms
Customer’s use of the Service will result in fees as set forth in the TaskBrowse website. The service fees and charges may be changed by TaskBrowse from time to time, however, no additional charges will be received for plans that have already been purchased.
If you decide to upgrade your plan while using it, the remaining cost of the current plan will be included in your payment for the new one.
- Changing your Plan
You can change your current plan whenever you want. If the cost of the selected plan is higher than the current plan, your payment for the remaining days of the current plan will be calculated and deducted from the required cost of the new one.
There will be no refunds for downgrade. You can only book one plan in the system, and after the current plan expires, the booked plan will be activated.
- Cancellation and Refunds of Subscription
You should inform us about the canceling of your Subscriptions via the same email address as your account was created with.
Payments made by you for a billing period (month or year) due to the cancellation of the subscription or the non-use of the system will not be refunded.
Canceling your Subscription will delete all of your account information, and after 30 days, all your account information will be permanently deleted. Once your account permanently deletes, there is no way to restore your account or your files and data.
Your privacy is important to us. It is Taskbrowse’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our web application and website, https://taskbrowse.com or any subdomain of it, and other sites we own and operate.
1. Information we collect
When you use our web application and website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include and not limited to your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
We may also collect data about the device you are using to access and use of our web application. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
We may ask for the personal information about you or your employees, such as:
- Social media profiles
- Phone/mobile number
- Home/Mailing address
- Work address
- Payment information
As TaskBrowse is a platform for time tracking and project management of licensee, all the data and information which is entered to TaskBrowse web application is subject to the conditions and policies of this document.
2. Legal bases for processing
We will process your personal and business information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so.
These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter); or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
- Your information is defined under the functionality of our web application
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
We do not keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
3. Collection and use of information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal and business information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- To enable you to use the defined functionality of web application and designed reports, charts and dashboard gauges.
- to enable you to customize or personalize your experience of our web application and website;
- to enable you to access and use our web application and website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our web application and website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have, and to consider your employment application.
4. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors, and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- third parties to collect and process data.
5. International transfers of personal information
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in Lithuania, Estonia, Netherlands, Germany a, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
We will ensure that any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Where we transfer personal information from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
6. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our web application and website or products and services.
Access and data portability: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine formats. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Notification of data breaches: We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
8. Business transfers
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
9. Limits of our policy
Our web application and website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
10. Changes to this policy
TaskBrowse Data Controller
This policy is effective as of 10 April 2019.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores on your device when you visit, typically containing information about the website itself, a unique identifier that allows the site to recognize your web browser when you return, additional data that serves the purpose of the cookie, and the lifespan of the cookie itself.
Cookies are used to enable certain features (eg. logging in), to track site usage (eg. analytics), to store your user settings (eg. time zone, notification preferences), and to personalize your content (eg. advertising, language).
Cookies set by the website you are visiting are normally referred to as “first-party cookies”, and typically only track your activity on that particular site. Cookies set by other sites and companies (ie. third parties) are called “third-party cookies”, and can be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service.
Types of cookies and how we use them
Essential cookies are crucial to your experience of a website, enabling core features like user logins, account management, shopping carts and payment processing. We use essential cookies to enable certain functions on our website.
Performance cookies are used in the tracking of how you use a website during your visit, without collecting personal information about you. Typically, this information is anonymous and aggregated with information tracked across all site users, to help companies understand visitor usage patterns, identify and diagnose problems or errors their users may encounter, and make better strategic decisions in improving their audience’s overall website experience. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. We use performance cookies on our site.
Functionality cookies are used in collecting information about your device and any settings you may configure on the website you’re visiting (like language and time zone settings). With this information, websites can provide you with customized, enhanced or optimized content and services. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party service. We use functionality cookies for selected features on our site.
Targeting/advertising cookies are used in determining what promotional content is more relevant and appropriate to you and your interests. Websites may use them to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. This helps companies improve the effectiveness of their campaigns and the quality of content presented to you. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. Targeting/advertising cookies set by third-parties may be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service. We use targeting/advertising cookies on our site.
Third-party cookies on our site
Our third-party privacy promise
We review the privacy policies of all our third-party providers before enlisting their services to ensure their practices align with ours. We will never knowingly include third-party services that compromise or violate the privacy of our users.
How you can control or opt out of cookies
If you browse websites from multiple devices, you may need to update your settings on each individual device.
Although some cookies can be blocked with little impact on your experience of a website, blocking all cookies may mean you are unable to access certain features and content across the sites you visit.