What is SaaS?
Software as a service (SaaS) is a software licensing and delivery model in which software is licensed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted. SaaS applications are also known as Web-based software, on-demand software, and hosted software.
Now we know the answer to what is SaaS. But how come this kind of software is better than the traditional one?
If you want to make a happy time for your family on a holiday morning with a delicious breakfast, you have two options:
You may want to stand on your own two feet so you should Buy a cow and a chicken, Take care of them, and finally, use their products to make breakfast for your family.
You can take them out and eat a fantastic breakfast at a restaurant.
I hope I made myself understood. If I did not, keep reading and think about all the steps that you have to take if you want to make breakfast with pure milk all by yourself:
- First, consider a place to keep your cow at home.
- Buy the cow and bring it home.
- At 5 a.m. roll out to milk the cows!
- Repeat the steps for the cow for one or more chickens, if you would like to make a local omelet!
- Set the table.
- Finally, enjoy your meal!
- If the noise of cows and chickens is raised, do not care, keep eating, something is going to happen!
- Clear the table and wash the dishes.
- By the way, I just wanted to mention taking care of cows and chicken is one of your essential tasks, get on with it!
On the other hand, when you decide to have breakfast out:
- Order your breakfast!
- Enjoy it!
You must admit that no one keeps a cow at his home for a glass of milk!
Keeping a cow at home for a glass of milk is like installing and maintaining software on your servers. In this case, you should:
- Choose the software you want.
- Purchase the needed servers.
- Install an operating system.
- Install antivirus and backup software.
- Perform the installation and configuration of the application.
- Host the servers.
- Make sure you have power for 24 hours of every day.
- Maintain software.
- Use the app.
- Be worried about hard drives and things like Bad Sector!
- Replace the servers every few years.
On the other hand, when you know the answer to what is SaaS and choose Software as a Service:
- Choose the software.
- Use it.
When it comes to accepting the changes, a majority of us prefer to stick to traditional methods. But for example, if we use fire to send messages, we will be known as people who are behind the times.
knowing the answer to what is SaaS, for example, if you need time-tracking software, you can buy a subscription from a provider and use their solution. Let them worry about things like:
- Operating system,
- Information security,
- And other responsibilities.
In this way, what you have is a delicious breakfast or time-tracking software. That means you don’t have to worry about any of the above concerns.